Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thierry Henry leaving Arsenal

I heard about this today morning and I swear I nearly cried. I LOVE Henry, to the extent permissible for a man to love another man without being gay. This is what he had to say

'Since I started playing football, there's been speculation about me going to a lot of clubs so that will never stop. As I said last week, for now I'm an Arsenal player.'

He went on to talk about being upset at Arsenal's consecutive fourth-place finishes in the Premier League:

'This year it was pretty difficult to see once again that we finished so far behind the top teams. It's been a long time that it's been the same top four. I'm actually getting annoyed that we're finishing at the end of the top four.'

Sounds to me like a guy getting ready to say thanks and move on.

Arsenal will not be the same without him especially now that everyone else in the team is barely out of puberty. Barcelona, the bastards, have been after Henry for as long as I can remember and now that Arsenal is down they target him because they know he'll being feeling disillusioned. Arsene must do all he can to keep him from going otherwise there will be lots of backlash from the fans.

We'll have to wait and see if it is just the tabloids who are looking for something to talk about. Please stay, Henry, please stay!!!!!

No comments: